Thailand Reopens More Sandbox Locations
Thailand will reopen 3 more Sandbox destinations from 11 January 2022, after the nation has agreed to increase the ban of the Test & Go system. After making journey simpler in late-2021, Thailand has paused the scheme which allowed vacationers to skip obligatory quarantine.
Thailand plans to deal with the virus as endemic in 2022 because it appears to be like to rebuild its tourism economic system. In 2019, Thailand attracted virtually 40 million guests. However, customer numbers have flatlined since March 2020.
The New Sandbox Schemes
From January 11, 2022, vacationers can journey to Thailand beneath three new Sandbox schemes: Krabi, Phang-Na, or Surat Thani, in addition to the Phuket Sandbox scheme. Travelers should guarantee they’ve organized every little thing earlier than making use of for the Sandbox Thailand Pass.
Travelers would require:
- A vaccination certificates
- A pre-arrival damaging RT-PCR take a look at consequence
- Prepaid 7-nights lodging in an authorized lodge
- Prepaid RT-PCR checks for when in Thailand
- An insurance coverage coverage with protection of a minimum of $50,000
Travelers should keep not less than the primary 7 nights inside Sandbox locations. However, if vacationers want to go away their lodging earlier than the 7-night-period, they have to go away the nation.
Travelers want to finish their 7 nights in lodge quarantine earlier than touring to different locations inside Thailand.
The Suspension Of The Test & Go Thailand Pass Applications
The CCSA has additionally authorized the measure to droop the Thailand Pass system for brand spanking new registrations. However, the CCSA is at present reviewing entry measures for vacationers who’ve obtained their Thailand Pass QR code earlier than 22 December 2021 with scheduled arrival dates in Thailand from December 24, 2021.
Travelers planning to enter Thailand can apply for the Thailand Pass beneath one of many Sandbox packages or the Alternative Quarantine system.
The Current COVID-19 Situation In Thailand: 10 January 2022
COVID-19 circumstances have dropped in Thailand in latest weeks. That mentioned, circumstances have spiked once more in latest days. The present 7-day case average is 5,713; that’s a small improve from the 7-day case common of 2,618 on December 19, 2021. Although COVID-19 circumstances are nonetheless manner behind the 21,784 7-day case common in August 2021.
Of course, it will create concern for a lot of vacationers planning to go to Thailand. The nation modifications its COVID-19 entry coverage regularly.
As we’ve seen within the earlier two years, something can occur in Thailand concerning COVID-19 journey restrictions.
The End Of The Africa Travel Ban
From January 11, 2022, Thailand will take away its ban on arrivals from African nations. Therefore, vacationers from African nations can apply for the Thailand move beneath one of many Sandbox schemes or an Alternative Quarantine system.
Thailand’s 26 “Blue Zone” Provinces Will Remain
The CCSA has authorized the upkeep of the 26 “Blue Zone” provinces with pilot vacationer locations. Blue zones have reached 70% vaccination ranges and are able to welcome worldwide guests.
- Ayutthaya (Mueang district solely)
- Pathum Thani
- Phetchaburi (Cha-Am district solely)
- Prachuap Khiri Khan
- Prachuap Khiri Khan (Mueang, Hua Hin, and Nong Kae districts solely)
- Samut Prakan (Suvarnabhumi Airport solely)
- Chanthaburi (just for Mueang and Tha Mai districts)
- Chon Buri (just for Bang Lamung, Ko Si Chang, Pattaya, and Si Racha districts, and solely Bang Sarey and Na Jomtien subdistricts in Sattahip district)
- Rayong (just for Ko Samet)
- Trat (just for Ko Chang and Ko Kut districts)
- Chiang Mai (Mueang, Chom Thong, Doi Tao, Mae Rim, and Mae Taeng districts solely)
- Chiang Rai (Mueang, Chiang Khong, Chiang Saen, Mae Chan, Mae Fah Luang, Mae Sai, Phan, Thoeng, Wiang Kaen, and Wiang Pa Pao districts solely).
- Ranong (Koh Phayam solely)
- Surat Thani (Ko Samui, Ko Pha-ngan, and Ko Tao solely).
↓ Join the group ↓
The Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the most recent reopening information, conversations, and Q&A’s occurring every day!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your e-mail deal with to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s newest breaking journey information, straight to your inbox
Disclaimer: Current journey guidelines and restrictions can change with out discover. The choice to journey is in the end your accountability. Contact your consulate and/or native authorities to verify your nationality’s entry and/or any modifications to journey necessities earlier than touring. Travel Off Path doesn’t endorse touring towards authorities advisories